Some investors had bad expectations for Nio Day, but I would like to remind you that it is a consumer facing event not an investor facing event, as a consumer Nio Day has exceeded expectations, here’s an overview of Nio Day.
Nio Day Overview
- A new program that allows NIO users to track their carbon reductions and recieve NIO points (carbon credits).
- A new fashion line for NIO life which makes clothes from the excess materials of the vehicle manufacturing process.
- 66% Of users have at home NIO chargers
- 792 NIO chargers, and 177 Swap stations are currently in use, with 1.49 million swaps completed (a battery every 12 seconds).
- BATTERY SWAP 2.0: accommodate 3x more batteries than prior generation, with a daily capacity of 312 swaps THAT IS AUTONOMOUS. With one tap of the button the swap will be initiated. With 500 swap stations launching by the end of the year.
- NEW BATTERY: 150KW/H SOLID STATE BATTERY. IMPROVES ENERGY DENSITY BY 50%. 360 Wh/kg. ES8 850KM , ES6 900KM AND EC6 90KM RANGE. NEW MODEL (SEDAN WILL HAVE 1000KM+ RANGE). STARTS DELIVERY Q4 NEXT YEAR.
- NEW CAR: NIO ET7 Full size sedan with aggressive sporty styling and a beautiful interior. LED Headlights as standard, 3 dimensional crystal heartbeat rear lights. 3060mm, 1987mm wide. wheelbase. FIRST UWB DIGITAL KEY: Centimeter level precision. SOFT CLOSING DOORS AND FRAMELESS WINDOWS AS STANDARD. Microfiber headliner, with 2 massive glass panels on the roof. Renewable materials on the inside for finishes. Invisible smart air vents. Acoustic glass for both the front and back. Massaging, heated and cooled seats as standard. HUD as standard. NOMI AI assistant. 12.8 inch AMOLED center screen. WIFI 6 AND 5G ENABLED. 1000W 23 speaker system as standard with 7.1.4 surround (worlds first) AS STANDARD. 500 km , 700 km and 1000km+ range with the 70 , 100 and150kwh batteries. The car produces 650 HP with a 0-60 in 3.9 SECONDS WITH BREMBO BRAKES. AIR suspension as standard that can predict bumps and prepare the car. 5 STAR SAFETY RATING. 120 degree LIDAR equipped.
Which will grow faster out of Tesla (TSLA) or Nio (NIO)?
Investors expect Nio to grow faster than Tesla by 2022.
A study conducted by InsiderMonkey, revealed 52% of many respondents agrees electric vehicle makers, in general, will continue to garner investor’s. Although narrowly so, respondents expressed excitement for Nio given many confirmed product announcements and rumors that has been addressed at the company’s annual Nio Day event.
Nio stock rallied 8.55% to 58.92 on Friday, clearing a 57.30 buy point from a cup base. For the week, Nio spiked 21%, following a big upside reversal move in the prior week that offered early entry. So while Nio stock ended the week in buy zone, it’s looking somewhat extended. When a stock races straight up from near the bottom of its base, like Nio did, there’s a good chance that the stock will consolidate or pullback, essentially forming a high handle above or next to the buy point.
Of course, sometimes stocks race from the bottom and then surge higher. The reaction to Nio Day could be a catalyst for big gains or losses, though many of the announcements confirmed reports and speculation.