Zovio (ZVO) is an educational technology services company that partners with higher education institutions and employers to deliver innovative, personalized solutions to help learners and leaders achieve their aspirations. Zovio identifies the most meaningful ways to enhance the experience and impact outcomes for higher education institutions, employers and learners.
Zovio’s tech-augmented solutions sometimes focus on businesses but are primarily targeted toward the higher-education sector. This market has undergone a radical transformation in 2020, mainly due to the Covid-19 pandemic
Zovio was, and is, in the right market at the right time. The virtual-learning market was already worth $107 billion in 2015, but that’s just the beginning. This burgeoning market is projected to be valued at $350 billion by the year 2025, meaning that the industry should triple within 10 years’ time.
What do they do:
- Higher Education : Using our distinctive suite of services, we help you deliver personalized education opportunities that will change your students’ lives. Our solutions cover everything from data management and software to curriculum and financial aid using a unique, data-driven approach.”
- Employers: Employee retention hinges on engagement and advancement opportunities. Zovio’s scalable platforms drive employee growth and development via upskilling courses, degree programs, and certifications.
- Zovio for Learners: Wherever you are in life, Zovio’s educational partners offer programs tailored to your needs. Personalized learning expands your experience so you can grow in your existing career or start pursuing a new one.
How they do it (technology) :
- Faculty Management Tools
- Curriculum Feedback Tools
If you want to learn more about these check This link.
Company size: Zovio has a team of more than 1,730 employees (as of December 31, 2019) at its office locations in Arizona, California, Colorado, Iowa, and working remotely across the United States.WHAT DO ANALYST THINK?
- Zovio: Well-Diversified Educational Business Poised For Growth: Details Here
- Zovio’s sale of Ashford University provides great potential as Zovio can target a whole new customer segment and does not bear any operating costs.
- Zovio should see revenue growth from their fully-owned subsidiaries
- Zovio Inc.: The Future Of Education Technology: Zovio has worked with over 138,000 online degree graduates and delivered more than 3 million tutoring hours. Details Here
- Zovio Is a Buy as More Courses Move Online
- HERE is an article which say a lot about Zovio
- The average rating from Wall Street analysts is a Strong Buy.
- Here is another article describing this as a strong buy
CRUSHED Q2 results by 118%: READ here.
- October 22nd, 2020: Zovio Announces the Launch of Signalz for Student Success. Zovio, an ed-tech services company, announced the launch of Signalz for Student Success. “Signalz for Student Success brings together people, processes and technology in a new service that colleges and universities can use to improve student engagement and retention,” said Zovio’s Chief Technology Officer, Umang Jain. “Signalz uses data science and analytics to differentiate and deliver these results.” Details Here
- Oct 19, 2020: Zovio Announces Matthew Hillman as Executive Vice President of University Partnerships CHANDLER, Ariz., Oct. 19, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — Today, Zovio (Nasdaq: ZVO), an education technology services company, announced that Matthew Hillman has joined the company in the newly created position of Executive Vice President of University Partnerships. Details here
- Sep. 24, 2020: TutorMe Wins 2020 Parent and Teacher Choice Award: The Parent and Teacher Choice Awards from HowtoLearn.com are among the most recognized international awards by both parents and teachers. Each year, the parent and teacher team judges the entries based on brain-based learning principles, creativity, innovation, and fun to honor products of exceptional quality and outstanding performance at home and in the school environment. Details Here
- September 21, 2020: Partners with Allendale County School District. TutorMe, the online tutor of the future, today announced a partnership with the Allendale County School District in South Carolina to provide free online tutoring to all 1,150 students who attend its four schools: Allendale Elementary School, Fairfax Elementary School, Allendale-Fairfax Middle School, and Allendale-Fairfax High School. Details Here
- July 28, 2020: Fullstack Academy Brings Coding and Cybersecurity Training to the Bay Area by Partnering with Cal State East Bay. Press release Here
- The Cal State East Bay Cyber Bootcamp will teach students how to monitor and secure systems, networks and applications, as well as deploy offensive and defensive tactics needed to appropriately respond to cyber breaches.
- June 30, 2020: The Global Campus at Northern Michigan University has begun offering 24/7 tutoring to all distance education students free of charge through TutorMe. Details Here
- July 15, 2020: San José State University announced a partnership with Fullstack Academy, calling for the launch of programs that will develop beginners into coding or cybersecurity professionals in just 26 weeks. Fullstack is also part of Zovio. Details Here
- July 9, 2020: Zovio reported a deal with McGraw Hill, a leading learning science company, expanding its work with TutorMe, a subsidiary of Zovio. The two will offer college students using the McGraw Hill Connect® digital learning platform a free 60-minute tutoring session with TutorMe. Details HERE
- June 18, 2020: Virginia Tech Continuing and Professional Education Partners with Fullstack Academy to Bring Coding, Cybersecurity Job Training to Virginia and Washington, D.C. Details HERE
- June 2, 2020: In response to escalating cybercrime rates during the COVID-19 crisis, Fullstack Cyber Bootcamp, New York City’s cybersecurity bootcamp partner, today announced an initiative to offer free introductory courses to people nationwide, providing an opportunity for individuals to explore the cybersecurity industry as a potential career path. “Fullstack Cyber Bootcamp has already become a national leader in cybersecurity training since opening its first campus in New York City last year,” said Nimit Maru, co-founder and co-CEO of Fullstack Academy. “Our partnership with NYCEDC enables us to support the country’s economic recovery, introducing Americans to new careers, while also filling the significant skills gap in the cybersecurity industry.” Details HERE
- May 21, 2020: Learn@Forbes, launched by Zovio and Forbes Media, which offers top courses for today’s demanding career fields and disciplines, today announced the launch of Forbes SmartAdvisor. See more details HERE
- During the three months that ended on March 31, Zovio posted highly encouraging data. For instance, Zovio’s balance sheet was strong as the company reported quarterly cash and cash equivalents of $61.3 million.
- McGraw-Hill, TutorMe Expand Free Tutoring HERE
- Revenue for the three months ended March 31, 2020 was $97.9 million
- Results for 1st quarter of 2020 are, better compared to 1st quarter HERE
- Oct 28 2020 Zovio Schedules Third Quarter 2020 Earnings Conference Call for October 28, 2020 Partnering with Cal State East Bay on Jul 28 and many more to come. Details Here
Price target: The 1 analysts offering 12-month price forecasts for Zovio Inc have a median target of 10.00, with a high estimate of 10.00 and a low estimate of 10.00. The median estimate represents a +138.66% increase from the last price of 4.19.