Biocryst (BCRX) discovers novel, oral, small-molecule medicines that treat rare diseases in which significant unmet medical needs exist, and an enzyme plays a vital role in the biological pathway of the disease.
BioCryst’s “Once Daily berotralstat (BCX7353) to Prevent HAE Attacks” PDUFA date is Dec 3, 2020. So get yourself some BCRX for those early Xmas holiday presents.
It took a dump like the rest of the Market Monday and is sitting 7% lower than Fridays Close. Great dip buy opportunity. I started with a small entry position today (9/22) of 500 shares at $3.70 and plan to slowly add into as we get closer to the PDUFA date.
Biocryst (BCRX): The bullish statement
Galidesivir, a potential therapy for COVID-19, Marburg virus disease and Yellow Fever, This is another super bullish indicator for BCRX. NIAID the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases has awarded BioCryst a new contract totaling $44 million, and has added approximately $3 million to its existing contract to support the development of galidesivir.
The completion of parts 1 of 2 of an ongoing clinical trial of galidesivir in Brazil is scheulded to be on Sept 30.
BioCryst has so many promising ongoing developments like berotralstat (BCX7353) PDUFA Dec 3rd 2020, an oral treatment for hereditary angioedema, Berotralstat Japanese Sakigake approval expected Q4 2020, BCRX will receive $20M milestone from partner Torii.
- BCX9930, an oral Factor D inhibitor for the treatment of complement-mediated diseases,
- BCX9250, an ALK-2 inhibitor for the treatment of fibrodysplasia ossification progressive and mentioned above Galisdeivir.
- RAPIVAB (peramivir injection), a viral neuraminidase inhibitor for the treatment of influenza, is BioCryst’s first approved product and has received regulatory approval in the U.S., Canada, Australia, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, and the European Union. Post-marketing commitments for RAPIVAB are ongoing.
Q3 Earnings Nov 10, should be a good one for them. EPS this year is at 4%
Heres even more reasons why I’m super bullish on BCRX
- BCRX is set to start generating revenues with ORLADEYO before the end of the year.
- BCRX has almost $200 million in cash, enough to last one year without an equity raise.
- Data for 9930 in both naïve and poor responders is coming. At the beginning of Aug 2020, the FDA granted Fast Track designation for BioCryst Pharmaceuticals’ oral Factor D inhibitor, BCX9930, for the treatment of paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH). Fast Track status provides for more frequent interaction with the FDA review team and a rolling review of the marketing application. Dr. William Sheridan, chief medical officer of BioCryst
- Information from Part 1 of the COVID trial with galidesivir before September 30th. Another huge PR catalyst but they are known to be late on PR so expect by end of Q4
- The rationale for the use of galidesivir is based on its broad-spectrum antiviral activity and also on the positive results of Gilead’s Remdesivir, which shares the mechanism of action.
- In animal studies, galidesivir has demonstrated survival benefits against dangerous pathogens, including Ebola, Marburg, Yellow Fever, and Zika viruses. Galidesivir also showed activity in vitro against more than 20 ribonucleic acid (“RNA”) viruses, including coronaviruses.
- A market cap of just $692 million.
- 20% of the float is short compared to 15% in July, 25% in August. upward pressure will squeeze these shorts out. 5% of shorts felt the pain and has moved on
- RSI of 42 starting to turn higher signaling a move higher is coming.
- BCRX stock has remained above the 200-day moving average since April, encouraging dip-buying. Sept 8 dip to 3.57 tips the line but strong buy volume sends it back above.
- CFO bought $220,000 worth of BCRX stock at $4.08 a share, some might not think this is a lot of money in today’s world, note his yearly salary is only $480,000. He obviously knows something or wouldn’t be putting such a large percentage of his salary into the company
- if you dig deeper they had an offering at the end of May 2020 to sell 100M of its common stock at $4.50 a share. Sure this may affect short term investors but the misconception that all offerings are bad is false. It depends what they are doing with the money they raised and BCRX seems to be using it quite well with all their developments. BCRX ran up to pre offering highs to $5.80 in July. $5.50-6 resistance levels BCRX will challenge as PDUFA runs closer for berotralstat and any galidesivir PR will send this one flying.
- they been posting jobs like crazy here’s a recent one posted 3 days ago https://www.indeed.com/m/jobs?q=Biocryst+Pharmaceuticals
Should you invest in Biocryst (BCRX)?
Shares of Biocryst (BCRX) appear to be a very good investment option, the Money Midnight Indicator is expecting its price to increase considerably in the next several months. The majority of the metrics point to this investment being highly attractive.